Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Officially Potty Training?



Too bad I can't drink the wine

Drew has had a potty for a long time. It has sat on the bathroom floor un-used since he turned 1. This was so he would get used to it being a fixture in the bathroom. He has been sitting on it before getting into the tub for quite a while.

A few months ago, he did his first pee on the potty. At the beginning of the month (10/2 to be exact), Drew did his first poop on the potty! I had a photo, but I decided it was a little to personal to blog about. Since then he has been on and off about going on the potty. I will usually ask him when it is obvious that he is trying to go and sometimes he says yes and others he says no. I am all about no pressure, so if he is up to it we go.

He has gone a few more times, but he is starting to tell me before he goes which is a huge step. I have found myself unprepared when we go out in public, because I didn't think I was officially potty training. A few times he has said "Mommy, poo poo" and my response had to be "ok...go ahead" because I had no potty seat at my disposal. So, I decided it was time and have armed myself with all of the necessary gear. I will still have a no pressure attitude, but we are going to give it a go.



Showing off his candy corn treat for doing a pee-pee!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow, that is really, really early for potty training. Go Drew! I will warn you that having a potty-trained kid can be a pain in the neck sometimes...as in, having to run to public restrooms ALL THE TIME with very little warning. But when they are ready, well, who are we to stop them? And not having to change poopie diapers is a huge bonus. My best advice is to go all-out. Take aways the Pull-Ups, even when you are out (except at night). As long as Lucy was in a Pull-Up, she would use it from time to time. But she rarely, if ever, would mess her panties. And then if you see he has lots of accidents, hold off a few months and try again. I think that having a kid in diapers is easier than having one in limbo between diapers and potty training. There is no rush...most of Lucy's peers who are now close to 3 are just getting trained now. But, still, I am so impressed with Drew and I say if he's ready, go for it!!