Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

"An-mals"


We made a trip to the zoo this morning. Drew had so much fun. The first thing we saw were the kangaroos and we got a good show. One of them kept hopping up and down the wall and he stopped in front of us, stood up and scratched his belly...Drew got a real kick out of it.
His favorite, by far, was the petting zoo. He got to walk around and torment all of the goats. I thought it would be fun to let him feed them, but I could barely get the feed out of the dispenser. One of the goats actually stuck his nose right in the dispenser before I could remove the food. After 3 goats jumped on me, I decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to let Drew hold the goat food.
We made it to the elephant show, where we got to watch "Dondo" do all sorts of tricks. I typically would have felt sad for an animal doing tricks, but she has been raised by the family that does the show since she was 9 months old (she is now 35) and they said they have not left her for 1 day since they got her.
Drew also got to ride the ponies and go on a ride....all by himself!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh now the fun really begins with language...you will continue to be amazed every day. Last summer, Lucy was just like Drew, with lots of new words coming out every day and concepts starting to form. Now, we have full-fledged conversations (As in: "When I was in your tummy I needed a flashlight because it was dark in there"). Glad to see he had fun at the zoo!!