Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring!!! Finally.


To say that I have been a little tempted to pick up and move to a warmer climate the last few months would be an understatement. A New England winter with 2 very active little boys is pure torture. We live to go to the playground so we can burn off some energy and 3-4 months without access is not easy. And trust me, I am the last one at the playground at the beginning of winter and the first one back at the end. This year there was still ice on the ground for our first trip back, but we just had to get outside at the first sight of the sun. So, this last week of beautiful weather has brought me out of the winter funk and got us moving outside. We played in the yard, went for long walks and spent most of the week at the playground. It was heaven!
We had a great week enjoying the weather, and an even better weekend enjoying more of the weather and each other. Andy has been traveling quite a bit, so time together is precious (and so is Mommys time to get out!!). Saturday was busy for me with some appointments in the morning. Andy took the boys for most of the day and went to Starbucks (where else?) and the playground (again, where else?). We are quite predictable. If you can't find us, look at those 2 spots and we are bound to be there. We decided that it had been way too long since the two of us got out alone, so we called in Grandma to babysit and had a great night together. On Sunday morning, after homemade waffles, Drew and I went to church...can you take a guess to where Andy and Harrison went? Yup, Starbucks. I was a little nervous bringing Drew to church. I started going back to church when I was pregnant with Drew. We kept it up for a while when he was an infant but once he got mobile, it was nearly impossible. Of course he has been a few times over the last 2 years, but not on a regular basis because we wind up outside for most of the service. I decided it was time to try it out. I was beyond proud. He didn't talk too much, and when he did he whispered. The only exception was when we were waiting to recieve communion and he asked loudly, "where is everybody going?". He snuggled with me and sat quietly the entire time. He kneeled alongside me with his hands folded. At one point I looked down at him and got choked up. I have to admit, there are many times after very trying days that I question myself as a parent. I question if I am doing a good job, or if I have created an unhappy little terror. I usually talk myself down and remember that he is 3, and 3 year olds are tough. But watching him today reinforced the knowledge that we are doing it right and raising a happy, well mannered little boy. I guess I am proud of us too.






No comments: