Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Is it Spring Yet?!?


We are really starting to feel cooped up around here. We are looking forward to spring already!
We have had quite a bit of snow and ice lately and that has kept me from venturing too far from home. We have had a few weeks off from classes, but luckily they start up again next week. We signed up for gymnastics again as well as a new class called "Craft and Coffee" (or something like that)..this is a class that is half "Sticky Fingers" (the art class we were in) and the other half is the kids on their own with the instructors in the next room. This is where the coffee comes in - the parents get to sit around and chat for 30 minutes sans kiddos. I was questioning how Drew would do, especially with me just in the next room, but I heard that there are trains so we are ALL SET!

We are working really hard on getting Drew's "big boy room" ready for Feb. He is so excited! He picked out his own sheets (with cars, of course) and wants to get a look at the progress whenever he can. Andy is putting up all new trim and then we have to paint, so it is taking a little while to get it done. Whenever he hears the saw running or the hammer banging he talks about his "big boy ROOMS" ...I'm not so sure why he makes it plural, I think he plans on claiming both rooms for himself. His furniture was delivered a few weeks ago, and when he asked to go on the bed, I told him that we would have to wait and call Grampy to get the mattress. He nagged me the rest of the day to call. Every time I picked up the phone he said "GRAMPY?" I just hope this excitement continues when he realizes that he will actually be sleeping in the bed.

I am beginning to count the days until we leave for our vacation. Grannie and Poppy are renting in Key Largo again and we are going to stay with them for a few days, but before we go there we are going to take Drew to Disney for 3 days. We thought it would be nice to have a little "only child" get away before the baby comes. He may not remember the trip, but we will - and I am sure he will have LOTS of fun!

I really don't have too many pictures to post. The only shots I have of the past few weeks were after nap time and Drew is looking, well, a little disheveled. But here is a sample anyway:

No comments: