I ensured that I had a towel down in the back of my "new cah" (as Drew calls it). He is still getting used to the silver Volvo, every time we see a blue Lexus he points and says "Mama!"
Drew now has lots of 2 and 3 word strings that he uses, mainly they are things that I say throughout the day, but he usually uses them correctly. "I'll get it", "here you go", "come on", "how you doing?". He has also become quite bossy lately. The other day he told Andy to "sit down" next to him in the drive way. He has been constantly telling me to "come". That is a tough one because usually it takes me quite a while to figure out what he wants me to "come" and do. It is stressful when he is yelling it at me over and over. Usually it is something he wants me to play with him, but if I don't read his mind perfectly he gets quite annoyed.
Although Drew can be a little demanding and bossy, he is always a good, happy boy and super affectionate. I get so many hugs and kisses and "I dab du" (I love you) throughout the day. He is also learning pretty well how to share and be nice to other kids. We had his friend Graham over last week and before he came I drilled sharing and being nice into his head. This week, we went to Graham's house and when I told him we were going over to play with his toys, Drew, on his own, said "nice". When we got there, he really minded his manners. He shared all of the toys and he kept bringing Graham cookies and his drink. When we left he gave him a big hug!
These two look like they are going to be trouble together.


No comments:
Post a Comment