Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Corn Maze

I should put a counter on the blog with the number of times we have been to the farm. The truth of the matter is that we go a lot more than I post about. We have a really great farm in our town that has a huge assortment of vegetables and fruit, plus we get to feed the goats! Drew and I have been going just about once a week all summer. We are really going to miss the fresh veggies and goats now that fall is coming. But today, Dad came along and we did the corn maze. I have to admit, I was a little scared of the maze. I don't know if it was fear from watching "Children of the Corn" at a slumber party when I was young, or if it was fear of getting lost and claustrophobia (I think the latter). I started to change my mind as we were going in and a family came out of the entrance exasperated and they all said "good luck" or "you'll be done by the time he is ready for college"! We soon realized that they really just had no sense of direction. It wasn't that easy, but it really wasn't that bad. I was just a little nervous because Drew was going so fast and I was more concerned we were going to loose him.

When we got home, Drew was so excited to see a helicopter fly over the house. His face is pure joy! Hel-i-cot-ter!

After his nap, Drew and I went to the playground to meet some friends. Around 5:00 a group of 6 teenagers showed up and started playing on the equipment. This playground is geared towards toddlers, too young even for 7 year olds. First the swings, then abusing the too small see saw and slides. The final straw was when we were leaving and one of them tried cramming inside a cozy coupe! When one of my friends said "um, I think you're too big for that" he responded "yeah, well I am gonna try". Ok, so I am torn with thinking, yeah I was a teenager once and did stupid things, they weren't drinking or smoking or even swearing. But I would never act like such an idiot in front of adults...never mind adults with tiny children. I cherish this playground and I get angry when people litter so I knew I would worry all night that they would vandalize it once we left. So I made the decision to stop at the police station and rat them out. I feel like an old fuddy duddy (showing my age using that phrase too), but I determined that the interests of my own kid need to come first and I can't worry about being cool anymore (as if I did anyway). So what would you have done?

No comments: