Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Other Camera

I finally downloaded pictures from my small camera and saw that I am way behind on my blogging. This is the "diaper bag" camera. Most of the time the bag winds up in my car overnight because it is a pain to lug Drew out and the bag - but since I found a frozen brick of apple juice in it, I have been a little better about brining it in. So here are some pictures from the month:


1/4 Happy Birthday Daddy! I feel really bad that you didn't get your own birthday post, and even worse that your birthday was on the 4th and I am just now posting. But we love you so much! You are such a great daddy and husband!

1/12 Go Pats! Andy and I were able to go to the first playoff game and we had a blast. Grannie and Poppy babysat and we went and froze our buts off, but really enjoyed it. We are so happy to have a brother-in-law with season tickets! Thanks Dave!
1/20This past Sunday Andy and I took Drew to Belkins Lookout Farm to see the animals. They only have the small petting zoo open in the winter, but he still enjoyed watching them all. My favorite were the 2 baby goats. They were adorable!

These goats were scary - they were jumping up to get a closer look at us, and they were banging on the fence trying to escape. I was just happy they didn't figure out how to chew off the pad lock.


On Sunday we turned Drews carseat around. It is supposed to be over 20lbs AND one year, but his feet were crushed into the back of the seat so I thought that can't be safe, and it was driving him nuts. So I called the fire department and spoke with the firefighter that does the car seat installations (because he does have another 3 weeks and what if something happened?). Although I don't think he could really tell me to break the rules, he did say "I've got 4 kids and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do..you won't get arrested or pulled over for it". So we made the decision to turn him around early. He is about 23 pounds now and his neck strength is probably better than mine, so I am pretty confident that he is safe. He seems pretty happy with the move.

1 comment:

Sara said...

We turned Lucy around before she was a year...I was also nervous, but don't worry! I think if their feet can touch the seat, it is safer to have them face forward. And more fun for Drew!