Drew has been chatting it up quite a bit lately. In addition to mama, dada, ga-gi (doggie), dat (that), he has added some words to his vocabulary. Guck (truck), and Gook (book) are used quite frequently. He starts most of his words with a "g". He also started saying Duck (again, guck) - this one confused me, because I knew that he knows what trucks are and I thought he was just starting to use "guck" for everything..but he held up a toy duck and proclaimed "GUCK" and then when we read his animal books and I point to a duck and ask him what it is he says it. He said Cat for the first time yesterday with some prompting from us. And he is desperately trying to say "light". He points to the pendant lights while eating and trys to repeat when we say "light" - but if you ask him where the light is he will point at it. He amazes me every day with the stuff he comes up with.
Drew's favorite toys are his books. Board books, because anything else would be destroyed in seconds. He used to just flip the pages and not want us to read them, but now he is giving them to me with and "eeeeh" (meaning read this..NOW), and I do; over and over. If it is a story book, he usually loses interest rather quickly, but if it is word book he will watch and listen intently. He likes "Baby Colors"; every page has a different color: "RED" with a boy in a red outfit, playing with red fire trucks. While these books are not very riveting, I love how he listens. We went to the library together and picked out more of these books so we can have hours filled with "tree", "horse", "spoon".
He is certainly shocking us this morning because it is 8:30AM and he is STILL in bed! This kid doesn't sleep past 6:00 - ever! He woke up at 5:30 and we heard a little grunting (pooping) and some blabber, but then he got quiet again. By 7:30 I was wide awake and starting to get a little worried - so Andy and I went in and checked on him..he was curled up like a bunny with his tush in the air fast asleep. We figured Lucy barreling down the stairs to get her breakfast would wake him up, but no he made a noise and went right back. I wonder what his naps will be like today?
I took some photos this week of him walking around in his diaper - I know 30 degrees isn't really diaper weather, but he just got up from his nap and while I was changing him he got upset because he wanted to get down and play..so I let him.


No comments:
Post a Comment