Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Drew is Four!!

Drews birthday weekend was a busy one! We had "Teddy" the class bear as our house guest for the weekend. Teddy went almost everywhere with us and we had to document his activities in a journal. Drew really enjoyed the visit.
On Sunday, Drew had his friends over for a birthday party. We had the Tublebus come and it was so much fun. If you aren't familiar, the Tublebus is a school bus that has been stripped of its seats and outfitted with gymnastics equipment.



After an hour on the bus, all of the kids had pizza and cake.

Drew requested strawberry cake. I am not sure why, he has never had it before. I think when you ask him what flavor he wants he thinks there are 3 options...vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. So I bought strawberry cake mix and added homemade cream cheese frosting. The frosting was yummy...the cake, not so much.
For Drews actual birthday, the whole family took a train ride (Drew's request) to South Station and walked to the childrens museum. We all had a great time...until Harrison threw up all over me...but why spoil a good story with those details. All that matters is that Drew had a great birthday with his friends and family. I am shocked at how fast he has grown up, and I think I may be damaging him with all of my hugs and kisses and pleading with him to not get so big. Evidence of the psycological damage was evident just tonight after I kissed him goodnight and was walking out of the room he said, "Mommy, I promise when I get big, I will take care of you". Not sure where he got the "take care of you from", but he seems to know my fears pretty well.

No comments: