
7/7 - Ok, so the rain hadn't stopped yet when this photo was taken. This was probably the worst rain that we had ever been caught in. We finally made a visit to my grandfather. He was very happy to see the boys. I tried to stay away from the nursing home until Harrsion was a little older. H1N1 has turned me into a bit of a germaphobe. There was a sing along taking place while we were there so Grandpa took Drew in for a few songs. They even sang some kids songs just for him!


7/9 - Yay!! The rain stopped!! After a tornado warning on 7/8 that sent us to the basement for the afternoon, we had a beautiful day. Grandma came over and indulged Drew in his requests to "draw a train for me". She did a pretty good job without the daily dose of train exposure that I have. I have to admit that I am quite the pro at drawing Thomas now.

7/11 We went on a play date with Mandy, Jack and Macy. These 2 do pretty well together...especially when it comes to stealing snacks.

Nice weather for dining outdoors!

7/15 - Play date at our house with Jack, Macy, Jackson and Tyson. Tyson and Harrison were born on the same day in the same hospital. I think Tyson has a few lbs on Harrison though. Funny how we would never say that about an adult, but it is ok to say about a baby?

7/16 - We went to Fitchburg to visit the "Greats": Great Grandma and Grandpa and Great Uncle Joe (Godfather to Harrison). We had a nice visit, but it was shorter than I would have liked because Drew seemed to have lost his hearing on that day. It is tough to have a not listening 2 year old in a non-childproofed house with lots of nick-knacks. Hopefully we didn't cause too much havoc and we will be back for a visit again sometime soon.
Later that same day I cleaned out the Exersaucer....
Ready for it?

Not Quite....

But Drew sure loved to give him kisses while he was in it and show him how to use all of the toys

.



7/17 - It was a rather warm day. We had gone to the playground in the morning and right before lunch Drew asked to use the sprinkler. I told him after his nap we could go in. When he woke up he didn't even have his eyes open yet and he said "we go in sprinkler
now". He quickly learned that the water from the well is very cold. Lucy enjoyed it more than he did.

7/19 MY BOYS!!



7/20 - What a perfect day! It was 80 degrees and the perfect day for a picnic. I decided to take the kids to Larz Anderson park for lunch and the playground. It is not the quickest trip, but worth it on a day like this. Drew loved walking around the pond and checking out the ducks. He had a lot of fun on the playground and then snuggled up next to me to eat his lunch. He slept very well this day, I had to wake him up at 4:15!

7/21 - A rainy day, which was very disappointing. We had a photo party planned for today with 13 children!! We wanted to go outside, but plans changed. My house was a zoo!! Mainly because Drew gets so excited and worked up when people come over to visit. He was hard to keep up with. I didn't have a chance to pick up my own camera during the party, but I think all that would have come out would be blurry streaks of 2 year olds running around. The photos from today are of Drew's new bathing preference. He had been slightly uninterested in taking baths lately, so we decided to let him use the shower. It started that he would jump in with one of us (good chance for us to take one too!), but now he likes it every time. I should have known because doing something once with Drew is an exception; do it more than once and it is a habit. So now we let him use the shower and his favorite part is holding the sprayer. The biggest challenge is making sure he doesn't accidentally shoot the sprayer at us, which he did right after this photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment