Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Antics

Remember how I said Drew isn't eating well lately...well, I guess that does not include pickles. It also does not include mulch, acorns, pinecones, etc. My sister suggested that I sprinkle broccoli around the yard and then he might eat it!

I have posted before how Drew can be very particular. Now, he will tear apart his toy boxes and throw things around the living room, but when he has a job to do he is very focused. His latest duty is to line up all of his trucks on the window sill (and my freshly painted windows are suffering because of it). They all have to face the same direction. He gets very mad when he can't lift the train up because it is so heavy. I made the mistake of trying to hide it once so it wouldn't fall on him, but he noticed it was missing. I hope he is this focused when it comes time for school!
This amazes me! Drew does this completely on his own. He sticks the people on his fingers and holds them up so proudly. I thought that Malorie (my mothers helper) taught him, but she said no. He just came up with it. If I ask him to "go put the people on your fingers" he does. Watching him put the second one on is quite hilarious.
We found a new playground today and Drew loved it. We took a berry break to re-fuel because it was pretty hot out today.

Dirt! Drew and I need nightly bathing. Today the bath came extra early because he was creating dusty footprints all over the house. In the last picture you can see how dirty his feet were. His shirt is also covered in strawberry juice. The dirt is coming from our sandbox. It has been here since we moved in. We plan on getting a new one (or at least new sand), but I really wanted to play in it, so I cleaned it out and it is not so bad...but obviously it has a lot more dirt than nice white sand.

This is going to be a fun summer. After the weather the past few weeks, it is hard to remember that it is only April. I hope these days last! Drew already took a run through the hose while I was watering some new Lilac shrubs. He first started grabbing, then got a little gutsier and stuck his head under, then he ran through laughing the whole way.

No comments: