Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Eating at the Table

Although Drew has been eating finger foods for a while now, I have been apprehensive about what I give him. He has been eating lots of cheese, fruits, soft veggies and rice puffs but that was the extent of his "grown-up" food and everything else is either jarred baby food or things I puree for him. I decided that we needed to expand the menu. I have to get over my irrational fear of choking. We started today with pancakes for breakfast. Drew couldn't get enough of them! Andy had to dole out the pieces one by one because he was shoveling them in so fast. For dinner tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs. He enjoyed them, but he was getting pretty tired so after eating for a while he began tossing them on the floor. I actually think it is funny how he deliberately tosses things down when he is through with them, but with spaghetti it can get pretty messy.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Try some plain uncoooked tofu, cut up into little cubes. That was one of the first finger foods I gave to Lucy, and it is soft so you don't need to worry about choking (but still, buy the extra-firm kind). Plus, it's a great source of protein!